Modular font created with a given object: candles.

At first I didn’t want to put tea lights in a grid because that was the first thing that comes to mind. So I went with a characteristic of candles: they melt. I created letters out of butter and let them melt on an oven plate and photographed them. I really love how they disintegrate. Of course, this isn’t a modular font so I still had to do some more work. In the end I did put the tealights in a grid and lit them, letter by letter. The outcome surprised me, you can see how the last letter is brighter because the tealights have been lit several times before.